What is the progress LGBT pride flag and what does it mean?| Updated on
Progress pride flag
The Progress pride flag was designed by Daniel Quasar in 2018, and features a forward-moving 5-coloured chevron on top of the popular 6-coloured rainbow pride flag.
The 5 new colours added includes black and brown (which represent people of colour) and pink, light blue, and white (which are used in the Transgender pride flag).
Meaning behind the colours:
- Black and brown represent people of colour
- Pink represents the traditional colour for baby girls
- Light blue represents the traditional colour for baby boys
- White represents the lack of gender, a gender beyond the binary, or people who are transitioning
- Red represents life
- Orange represents healing
- Yellow represents sunlight
- Green represents nature
- Blue represents serenity
- Purple represents spirit
Article continues below