What is the Polyamory pride flag and what does it mean?| Updated on
Polyamory pride flag
Polyamory refers to the ability and desire to be in a consensual relationship with more than one person at once. This is very distinct from cheating, which is non-consensual and unethical.
The polyamory pride flag was designed by Jim Evans in 1995.
Meaning behind the flag:
- Blue represents the openness and honesty among all partners
- Red represents love and passion
- Black represents solidarity with those who are forced to hide their polyamorous relationships from the outside world due to societal pressures
- The pi (π) symbol is a Greek letter, and makes reference to the fact that “polyamory” also starts with “p”
- Gold in the pi symbol represents the value placed on emotional attachment, not just physical attraction
Check out some related products:
Article continues below